Originate Actor Training
FREE ACTOR TRAINING WITH LEADING DRAMA SCHOOLS RADA, GUILDHALL SCHOOL, YOUNG & TALENTED, INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS AND THEATRE PECKHAM. HOME TO BAFTA RISING STAR AWARD WINNER 2021 BUKKY BAKRAY
Offered in collaboration with Young & Talented, Guildhall School and RADA, Originate prepares young actors for Drama School and the industry via a free intensive eight-month programme, based mostly at Theatre Peckham with sessions also held at RADA and Guildhall School on Fridays between 6-9pm. The sessions train participants to perform for the stage and screen, and the project culminates in an industry showcase.
Originate allows young actors to build on their acting technique and confidence as a performer, create industry connections, establish a network of collaborators and it introduces them to the rigour and joy of actor training.
Previous Originate Actors said:
It was refreshing to be in an environment where the people represent such a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds. The best. – Adrian
The industry no longer feels like an intangible, intimidating thing but something that, with hard work, drive and talent, could be very achievable. – Yasmin
Due to competition for places, funding restrictions and reporting requirements, we ask that applicants:
- Are aged 17-23 at the start of the course on 5th November 2021. Any participant who is 17 must be in year 13/second year of college.
- Have no previous experience of Higher Education
- Live in a London borough
Applicants should also meet at least one of the following:
- Be in receipt of Free School Meals, in receipt of a 16-19 Bursary or living in a household which receives means tested benefits
- Have a home postcode which is Quintile 1 or 2 on the POLAR4 dataset or Deciles 1-4 on the IMD dataset (check POLAR4 postcode here, check IMD postcode here)
- Identify as Black and Global Majority
- Have recent experience of the UK Care System, be a Care Leaver or be estranged from their parents
- Be a young carer, or have significant caring responsibilities
- Have a declared disability