Want to have a say in how your local theatre is run?
We are looking for the Next Generation of Leaders to join Theatre Peckham’s Young Ambassadors.
Young Ambassadors is an exciting opportunity for 10 theatre lovers interested in Arts Leadership to influence, challenge and inspire change within Theatre Peckham. Over the course of 2 years, you’ll be an active member in the TP community while receiving mentorship and building your skills through workshops and regular meetings.
As a TP Young Ambassador, you’ll be able to:
- Watch TP productions, give feedback and write reviews
- Gain insight into how we develop and market TP projects
- Lead strategic meetings surrounding our programmes
- Share ideas with TP staff and Trustees
- Learn from successful Arts Leaders through workshops
- Curate your own events and panels
- Observe and present at a Board meeting and the Annual General Meeting
- Network with peers in the performing arts and charity arts sector
Theatre Peckham encourages all applicants between the ages of 17 – 25 with different experiences, skills and backgrounds to join us and aid in developing our working practice. You do not need to have previously engaged in Theatre Peckham’s programmes to apply, simply be innovative, committed and passionate.
We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Residents of London Borough of Southwark
- Young people from the Global Majority
- Young people with an interest in leadership roles within the arts
You must be available to attend monthly meetings taking place on the second Tuesday of the month, starting 14 March 2023.
To apply, please send a Covering Letter and a completed Equal Opportunities form to Amy Hubbard email@example.com quoting ‘TP Young Ambassadors’ in the subject line. In your Covering Letter, we’d like to know:
- Why are you interested in becoming a TP Young Ambassador?
- How do you engage with the arts sector?
- Any relevant experiences, skills, interests or training?
- What is something you are proud of? And why?
Your Cover Letter should be no longer than one side of A4. Alternatively you can create a video (max 3 minutes) answering these questions.
Deadline: 5pm, Wednesday 8 February
Interviews: Week commencing 13 February*
*Expenses can be applied to travel if this is a barrier to participation.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3889 5748.